Friday, September 23, 2011

Blog-less

One of the reasons I started this blog was to keep track of the memorable moments, and some of the not-so-memorable moments in our busy lives. I wanted to kind of "scrapbook" without the paper, cutting, and glue.  I thought blogging would be a way to capture and share our lives.  But I've come to realize that I'm just not really devoted to keeping it up. 

I hoped this would be a way to easily record our baby's milestones, but so many have come and gone and I never got around to writing a post about it.  I'm kinda bummed about that.  Oh well.  I'm just not that person who can manage to at least look pulled together in all our madness.


If we were a reality tv show, I don't think we'd get a second season.  You'd find us uneventfully just trying to live day by day, enjoying as much of our little man, each other, our friends and animals as possible.  And doing a lot of recovery from only somewhat successfully cramming in too much.

After a highly stressful two week audit at my work and a trip up to my parents which was super fun, but also super hard on Rowan's {and consequently our} sleep schedule, we've been passing around some bug between the lot of us and since we can't get the rest we need to kick it.....it.just.sticks.  And of course when you're not feeling even 25%, that's when your horse colics, work gets even more stressful, and all the things that you normally enjoy doing, or at least are able to pull off, become daunting and unmanageable.  And, you know us, we don't like to get too comfortable with what we've got.  We have to go and throw something more into the mix! 

RogĂ©r and I have pretty much been taking shifts in order to barely pull together all the things that need our attention. THANK GOODNESS it's all starting to come back together....ever....so....s..l..o..w..l..y.  I guess patience and low expectations are the key here.  Unfortunately, I'm severely lacking in BOTH of those areas!!

Anyway, that's just how things go.  I suppose I'll still post now and then. Better to capture some moments than none at all. I am, however, relinquishing any plans of over-achievement I may have once had.  You, obviously, will not be seeing a onesie announcing Rowan's age in months, or even get a glimpse of his two-tooth grin before he has four more pearly whites coming in.  I guess when it comes down to it I just don't really feel inspired to document, since there's so many other things to be doing. 

And when I'm not doing anything productive, I want to REST.
 

3 comments:

  1. I totally understand. Well not totally as I don't have a baby yet, but I understand spending time actually living instead of just documenting life.

    I know I am gonna miss your updates, but I guess that's more of an excuse to actually get together for an update! I will miss your writing though! You are so good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think being easy on yourself is important. And spending time on what is most important to you guys is so important. I took 3 pictures at my sister's wedding last weekend because I decided I wanted to enjoy it in the moment instead of behind a camera. We too will miss the updates but a pic now and then on Facebook will the trick!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a fabulous job of documenting. I think this lapse is just a part of not feeling so good. I always look forward to your stories and hope you do post when you feel up to it. Sorry we wore you guys out. :( I totally get not getting around to things. Someday I will go through all our boxes of pictures; been saying that for years. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...