Monday, November 28, 2011

New Camera Lens = Love

We've had a really nice, Nikon D60 SLR camera for quite a while now,{long enough for many people not to recognize the model number}.  The pictures were crystal clear, but to be honest, I wasn't very happy with them.   I guess we had kind of neglected how important a good lens is.  The camera itself was a hefty purchase, let alone the cost of some fancy lens, so we passed.


I guess semi-okay photos were acceptable until Cubbie came along. In our low-light house, the Nikon stock lens just wasn't cutting it. Rogér began looking into lenses, and although we dreamed about this one, it's a little over our budget, so we chose this, Nikon 35mm lens.


Unfortunately, our new lens doesn't completely take skill out of the equation, which is really what I need.  There are a few things that I've had a hard time getting used to as well.  The lens doesn't zoom.  You have to back up quite a bit in order to take a larger view shot.  And I'm so trained on the old lens that I try to zoom, by adjusting the lens, which switches the mode to manual! Manual doesn't work for me.  I'm no photog.
But all in all, I'm so happy that we bought this lens!  I mean, how can I complain with results like these?

 








2 comments:

  1. Wow these are beautiful! I love the head in the bucket photo, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teresa! You know how us new parents take waaaaay too many pics, and you know we gotta make sure our babies are looking their best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...