Monday, August 15, 2011

Eten! Eten! Eten

Cubbie LOVES to eat.

Pretty much anything {except carrots}

He's grubbin' it up!

I was really looking forward to making Rowan's food from scratch {not knocking the prepackaged stuff.  We rely on it sometimes as well, but I really really thought making baby food would be fun}

*not cupcakes*

I use our Mini Cuisinart Chopper to puree all kinds of goodness, including:

-Zucchini
-Beets
-Lentils
-Peas
-Squash
-Yams
-Spinach
-Apricots

Almost anything goes!  And it is fun.  But kinda messy.

I pour it into silicone baking cups,

 Freeze,

Then  store in double Ziplock freezer bags.

Ready to warm up and eat whenever someone's tummy needs a fillin' 

 Yumm-may!

 And for his daycare snacks, I just fill up cleaned and reused baby food jars.

Of course, this kind of food won't last like the stuff you buy in the stores {no preservatives and no canning process}...so I keep track by writing the date on the inner ziplock bags.

2 comments:

  1. Love it, awesome, thanks for sharing, Rowan looks so excited to eat!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, you are in for so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...