Friday, December 31, 2010

Cloth Diapers - Easing Our Way Into It

We've planned to try this cloth diaper thing.  Friends of ours have done it and said it wasn't so bad, so we figured we'd give it a shot.  It's cheaper, and it saves the landfills.  We're not going to be all high and mighty about it though.  Don't even know if we'll be able to pull it off.  Plus, we'll probably end up using some combination of cloth and disposables.  For instance, I don't think daycare will do cloth diapers for us, and on road trips, I think disposables are key.

We gave ourselves a little break and used the infant disposable diapers that the hospital stocked us with.  But two days ago, with a little nudge from our friend, Lisa G, we decided to dive into cloth diapers!

Here's the skinny.

We invested in a few Fuzzibunz,

and a couple Thirsties,

plus Gerber Pre-Folded Cloth Diapers. 

The Fuzzibunz seem too big for our little fella right now, and I haven't quite figured out how I want to use them yet (yeah, should've figured it out before, but didn't, okay?).  So we started last night with a cloth diaper covered with the x-small Thirsties cover.  So far, so good.  He's had two pees and a three poopies, and no leaks.  Of course, he hasn't had a huge blowout shart yet, but I'm still happy that the cloth diapers seem to be working for the normal-sized pees and poos.

I haven't washed a load yet. I'll let you know how it goes when I do.  I did buy some special detergent called Charlie's Soap, which I read is safe for baby skin and good for cloth diapers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...