Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It DOES Get Easier

There was a while there that I didn't think I would be able to stand breast feeding Rowan much longer.  I was frustrated with his inefficient latch, the pain, and the constant question of whether or not he was getting enough.

I know...everything you read says that you will provide enough for them, so not to worry about it, but trust me, if you're breast feeding, you'll wonder.

I really struggled with the amount of time that breast feeding takes, and the awkward position that I have to sit in made it seem even longer!

I was actually ready to give up, even though I wouldn't yet.  And I didn't really believe all the women who said it would get better.  I mean, it's not that I thought they were lying, but I've encountered more momnesia over the last year than real, honest truth. 

But here's the deal...it DOES get easier!  Just like everyone said! The pinching, soreness, and awkwardness all subside. And really, thank goodness for momnesia.  It doesn't take long to forget the hard parts.

Now, I'm so happy that I've stuck with it.  It's still not the AMAZING experience for me that it is for some, but it makes me feel good to be able to give [what I feel is] the best.  And I know I won't be able to give the best of everything for the cute little fella, so I better take it where I can!

Our Growing Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...