Friday, December 9, 2011

#WEverb Day 9 - Appreciate


Day 9 - Appreciate

In which moment did you find yourself flooded with gratitude? How will you rally around gratitude in 2012?
It's easy overlook the things that should be appreciated, but there are so many ways in which we've felt absolutely grateful for everything we have.  In 2011, those things have never been more apparent.  Instead of a single moment, I'm going to attempt a list, which is bound to be incomplete, but at least it's a glimpse of where we've owed gratitude this year.

1) A healthy baby boy - Is there anything more you could wish for?  Pregnancy is riddled with fear and preparation for what might be.  As if I needed a reminder of that, I read this ARTICLE, which I wish I had never come across.{WARNING: Incredibly sad!  If you can't bring yourself to skip this read, recommended, then prepare to be overwhelmed with emotions.

2) Family and Friends - The good ones make all the difference in the world. 

3) Sustenance - Let's face it, we don't love our jobs, but we worked hard to get ones that bring in enough money for a relatively easy life.  Sure, we don't the latest tech gadgets, or the nicest house, or a maid {wishful thinking}, but we don't have to worry about a roof over our heads or putting food on the table.

4) Fertility - I never even dreamed I'd be so thankful for THAT.  But watching so many of our friends struggle to concieve, I'm constantly reminded that it doesn't come easy for everyone.  I've even found myself feeling guilty to have something so precious that some people struggle so hard to get.  I wish it was easier to share, but it's not like cash.  I can't exactly loan it to my Bestie in a time of need.

5) Each other - Neither of us is perfect, but we're good for each other.

Again, in 2012, I hope to continue to find gratitude in what we have and what we're able to do.  And if we ever get feeling sorry for ourselves, we need only turn on the news for an hour to realize how good we have it.

Image source: The PranaMama

1 comment:

  1. Thanks bestie! You are the best! Can't wait to see you later! :-) Now..bake to baking!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...