Friday, December 16, 2011

#WEverb11 Day 13 - Read

Day 13 - Read

What article or book changed your outlook on an issue or life?


I really don't read that much, besides some blogs and, yes, I admit it, I read The Hunger Games series, neither of which I would say really change my life outlook.

But as I mentioned before, Here, I read an article this year that really hit me hard.

It's written by a mother who's baby boy was born with Tay-Sachs, and its absolutely heart-breaking.  As I read, I tried to imagine {and at the same time refused to imaging} looking at Rowan the way this mother has to look at her son.

Every time I think about it, I ball my eyes out. {even now}.  But I can't really ever forget it either, or the perfect little face of her baby.

So I have a constant reminder of perspective. What is important. How to spend our time here together.

And that's why Notes From a Dragon Mom changed my outlook on life.

Emily Rapp and her son, Ronan, who has Tay-Sachs disease.
 
Image Credit: Alexandra Huddleston for The New York Times

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...