Sunday, December 4, 2011

#WEverb11 Day 3 - Learn & Day 4 - Haiku

Day 3 - Learn

What lesson did you learn in 2011 from “The School of Life” rather than a classroom?
 Good Lord!  I don't know if I can list all the things I've learned this year from "The School of Life", or in our case, "The School of New Parents".

The first thing that comes to mind is that I've learned that everyone is going to have a different opinion on everything related to pregnancy, delivery, and child raising, and that in the end, most of those decisions don't really matter, as long as your choices revolve around love and work for you.
We've had quite a few moments where we were standing alone {but at least together} in our decisions.  Sometimes in surprising scenarios, like at the Kaiser Permanente birthing class - We were the ONLY ones there who were choosing an epidural birth, and you should've heard what people had to say about it!

I've learned not to feel uncomfortable with my own choices, and not to speak from a podium about them either. I try to be very conscientious not to impose my choices when giving advice to my friends who are pregnant, new parents, or TTC. 
Another tid-bit I picked up this year, which I really believe in, is this:

"It's not what you do, it's what you do afterwards."

When I read that quote from a poster somewhere on the internet, I realized that I've always felt that's true.  When I'm questioning something I did, or something someone else did, those words are what I think about.
Day 4 - Haiku

Sum up your year via Haiku


Not gonna lie, this was a struggle.  If it's not a true Haiku, well, sorry. I always hated writing poetry...

2011 Haiku

New life in our hands
Finding peace of mind, learning
Busy days, less sleep



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...